“Having a home is much more than having a house. A home is a place which provides warmth, familiarity and a sense of security. Its furniture and furnishings and the manner of its decoration are what provide a sense of personal identity.”
Our Furniture Project is run, on a part-time basis, by a small team of committed staff and volunteers, who are motivated by the need to provide good quality re-usable household items to people in need.
We make collections and deliveries on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Sadly, we cannot guarantee to accommodate time critical requests. From now until 3rd September we are able only to deliver to emergency referrals and will not be receiving any furniture or other items.
If we are unable to help you, alternative furniture charities in the locality that you may wish to contact are listed at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to volunteer to help with this project, please contact us on the telephone number or email address below. We would be delighted to hear from you.
If you wish to donate or are in need of furniture please note the following information and read the Furniture Project Guidelines below before contacting us.
Tel: 01494 431882 Mon-Thurs 9am – 4pm, and Fridays 9am – 12noon.
When contacting us, please be ready to provide the following information:
- Name of caller and contact telephone number
- Collection / delivery address and postcode
- Furniture offered or needed
- any other relevant details e.g. access restrictions
DISCLAIMER – Special note for all collections
We take items free of charge, but to be collected all items must be:
- Placed outside your property on the pre-arranged day
- In a convenient place for loading onto our van
This will prevent any accidental damage within the house for which we are not insured.
Furniture Project Guidelines
Please note: our storage facilities are very limited, so donations are only accepted on the basis of items currently required by a recipient.
- All items must be clean and to a high standard of quality. Items not in a fit state to give away immediately will be politely declined.
- Items must be in full working order with no missing parts. Damaged items will be politely declined.
- All upholstered items must have a fire safety label.
- All white goods and electrical items will be PAT (portable appliance testing) tested on site by the collector to ensure that items are in safe working order. Items that fail the test will be politely declined.
We do not:
- take bespoke or antique furniture.
- take clothes or ornaments.
- offer a dump/disposal service (please contact Chiltern District Council on 01494 443459 for Bulky Item Collection (charge applies) or 01494 586550 for income-related benefits subsidised rate).
- take gas items. Eg. Gas cookers, heaters etc.
- collect outside our ‘catchment area’ (see map below).
Items that are not generally needed include:
- Dressing tables
- Wall mounted or custom fitted (eg. kitchen) units
- Baby Furniture
- Garden Furniture
- Office Furniture (e.g. filing cabinets etc)
We collect and deliver furniture within our catchment area only. Please see the map.
Alternative full time furniture charities in the locality
Please note: These organisations may charge for their services and their terms of operation will be different to those of the King’s Church Amersham Furniture Project.
High Wycombe Central Aid Furniture Project 01494 443459
Watford Betel UK 01923 803149
Aylesbury Vineyard Storage 01296 424440