King’s Church Amersham (“KCA”) Privacy Notice
King’s Church Amersham is an independent church which is open to all and offers a range of services and activities (free of charge and paid for) for adults and children. The church invites regular attendees to become members. We also hire rooms and facilities to external individuals and organisations. Under Data Protection legislation we are required to publicise and inform you about what information we collect about you, and what we do with that information, in a Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you and your children (“Personal Information”) when you register with the church or fill out a registration or response form through the KCA iKnow database system, the KCA website or in paper format. We also collect information for individuals and organisations who are hiring rooms and/or facilities.
How will we use your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information about you to help the church and its members to:
- make contact with each other and share relevant information about activities and events
- ensure the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- facilitate effective management of volunteer teams and rotas
- fulfil legal obligations on Gift Aid and First Aid reporting and DBS checks
- effectively manage room and facilities bookings
KCA will not share your information with any external individual or organisation without your consent or if required to fulfil a legal obligation e.g. for DBS checks.
We would like to send you information about events and activities that the church organises and about other organisations, events and activities that we endorse.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tell us by email to email@example.com.
Access to your Personal Information and correction; your legal rights.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your Personal Information, please email or write to us using the contact details below.
We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You can access and update your own information through the KCA iKnow database system using a unique log-in and password, or you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You may also ask us to cease to hold any, or all, of your Personal Information at any time.
The KCA website
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- For further information visit http://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Our website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to the KCA website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies and notices.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer whose role, on behalf of the Elders and the Trustees, is to ensure that we comply with Data Protection legislation and answer any questions, concerns or complaints that you may have. Our Data Protection Officer is Mike Taylor.
How to contact us
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone on 01494 431882
By mail to King’s Church Amersham, Raans Road, Amersham HP6 6LX